Have you already booked your Christmas party in 2022? If not, you need to jump on it. The Christmas party in 2022 is set to be a super special seasonal spectacular for millions of UK businesses. It’s to be expected. After all, the fast-approaching party season should – finally – provide the belated backdrop to the first full-on, no-holds-barred company festivities since 2019.
The FT underlined a renewed optimism amongst the hospitality industry, reporting “…greater confidence that the Christmas party season in 2022 will herald a return to pre-pandemic habits”.
In short, everybody wants to make up for the last couple of nightmares before Christmas.
So, here’s our suggestions for things to put high on your Christmas list, no matter what type of rad or trad party you’ve got under your Santa’s hat this year…
Non-Negotiables for Any Christmas Party in 2022
The Christmas party in 2022 is firmly back on the agenda again. But unsurprisingly, the old pre-Covid ways of celebrating haven’t necessarily stuck. So, if you’re planning on doing things differently this year, you’re far from alone.
That’s not to suggest that the traditional dine and disco is done and fairy-dusted. It will always be a seasonal staple.
But you might have something that’s poles apart in mind for this year. Popular examples include –
- Christmas cocktail making or tasting experiences of beer, gin, rum, wine and cheese or whisky
- Murder mystery merriment in a stately home or an unusual themed setting
- Traditional or Anti-Christmas parties in marquees, barns or cultural settings that don’t have all the baubles and bells that come as standard at hotels and other event venues
- Staying in the office with a little help from external caterers, or even a potluck for team members to contribute anything from peppermint candy canes to a partridge in a pear… confit(?)
Now is the time to make sure that your company name is firmly stamped on the things that make your yule cool, such as –
- Gorgeous Glassware – Online venue finding giant Tagvenue suggests, “Warm your guests up with spiced cider, and enjoy the holiday vibes…Christmassy drinks such as cocktails, mulled wine, and champagne also go down a treat so make sure you’re well stocked”. They have point. But it’s equally as important to ensure you’ve got the correct glasses, and enough of them, to serve your tasty tipples in.
- ‘Disco Inferno’ Dance Floor – “It wouldn’t be a Christmas party without a large space to get your dancing shoes on”, Tagvenue continues. A snowy white dance floor? A black and white chequerboard? Or a parquet version? It’s up to you, depending on your venue and your theme. Whichever you choose leaves little excuse for any team member not to get their Christmas groove on.
- Lovely LED-Lit Bar – The Christmas party in 2022 has come a long way since its equivalent circa 1989. Why would you settle for messy drinks tables and beer buckets when you can deck one of these beauties with holly?
Be a wise wo/man. Don’t even think about doing anything else before you’ve wassailed our way. At Co-ordination Event Hire, we’ve got Christmas parties in our DNA. With our help, there’s no chance of anything turning frosty at your Christmas party in 2022. Give us a call or drop us a line.