Thinking about a rustic summer wedding theme? You’re far from alone. And, is it any wonder? It’s drop dead gorgeously awe-inspiring. In fact, according to New York engagement ring connoisseurs Taylor & Hart, it’s “the most pinned wedding theme on Pinterest, with a whopping 74,374 pins!”
Better still, there are so many ways to deliver an idyllic rustic wedding, regardless of whether you’re –
- On a limited budget – No endless money tree? No worries. A hand-crafted and shabby chic feel fits the theme perfectly. In truth, it enhances the desired ambience.
- Carousing under the chandeliers or the stars – Being inside or al fresco doesn’t impact the rustic wedding theme, which you can adapt and interpret just as beautifully in either setting.
So, think like Shakespeare and go all in.
Wedding invitation and gift specialists Project Pretty explain, “A Midsummer Night’s Dream is generally associated with three things: magic, the forest and love. Combine these concepts with a dream-like state and you end up with a pretty gorgeous colour palette”.
Can you imagine a more sensorily beautiful summer wedding theme? It allows your creativity and inventiveness to go wild, without going over the top.
So, if you’re picturing yourself as queen of the fairies, illuminated by a diaphanous glow, drifting over the leafy green forest floor, here’s some preternatural ways to bring your magical summer wedding theme to glorious life…
Setting the Scene for Your Ethereal Summer Wedding Theme
First things first, (even though a rustic summer wedding theme makes it too easy to get carried away with a million other finer facets!). Your furniture – what you’re going to sit on and at – can be an exquisite pre-emptive strike, besides being a practical necessity. For example –
- Dark or light wood vintage trestle tables coupled with oak effect wooden folding chairs are fantastic first steps to conjuring a rustic backdrop
- Woodland straw bales for seating, or as additional props, add lashings of extra authenticity
- Woodland soft seating ups the forest factor and looks incredible on your wedding photographs, giving the impression of guests dining and reclining at gnarly old mystical tree stumps
Sprinkling Fairy Dust Over the Finer Details
Onwards and upwards to the finer details that transform your midsummer night’s dream in to divine reality. So, think about items like –
- Tumblers in mossy woodland green if you prefer to be 100% rustic, or majestic purple to infuse the royal resplendence of the fairy king and queen
- Napkins to match your chosen glassware colour. Have them wrapped and laid at place settings in eye-catching floral designs, rather than flat on the tables or in glasses
- Liza Rose cutlery in a romantic rose gold finish lifts your wedding breakfast or buffet table to perfection. In addition, its beaten copper effect handles add artisan-crafted refinement
At Co-ordination Event Hire, we’re vastly experienced in providing all the functionality, flourishment and frosting for stunning rustic weddings across London, Sussex, Surrey and Kent. We admit we love this theme, too. And we’d love the opportunity to help provide all the trappings and regalia of your magical summer wedding theme.